In this video series we walk you through every step of the way to building your own fiberglass fly rod. What differinciates this series from, say building a graphite rod, is we cover installing a stint (to fit reel seats on larger blanks), we will also be using varnish to seal the wraps, and finally we discuss lower ferrule wraps on glass blanks. If you have any questions along the way, please feel free to reach out to us anytime.
1. What you need and what you don't.
2. Fitting a grip and dealing with large diameter blanks and reel seats.
3. tip tops, guides, and alignment.
4. How to wrap guides and more on alignment.
5. How to wrap ferrules and dealing with stripping guides
6. Sealing and protecting thread with color preserver and varnish
7. Finishing up. Installing the reel seat and final alignment